Friday, June 1, 2012

Point Nude Beach Summer Wheat

It seems that all beer manufacturers are trying hard to get drinkers to associate their brews with refreshment on a hot summer day.  For Stevens Point Brewery, associating their summer brew with spending the day at a nude beach seemed like advertising genius.
Makes me want to drink!


But let's forget about the images of old balls and saggy breasts that I associate with nude beaches and focus on the beer.  Point Nude Beach is labeled a Summer Wheat that true to it's name is a wheat beer that came out for summer.   In all honesty, I am not a big fan of wheat beers.  When I tried Bud Light Golden Wheat or Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat, I didn't nod my head and exclaim "Wow, the wheat really adds something!"  In fairness though, I have never tasted anything and said "It's good, but it could use wheat."  Point Nude Beach is a very golden but hazy ale due to being unfiltered.  There is nothing spectacular about the taste.  It's not bad, just not memorable and after drinking one, I wasn't overwhelmed with the urge to drink another.  The aroma is very nice with hints of citrus and what I guess is wheat.  Overall, not my favorite beer.  It may be worth the buy just for the novelty of the images on the bottle of what brewers in Wisconsin think a nude beach looks like.

Stats

Name: Point Nude Beach
Brewery: Stevens Point Brewery
Location: Stevens Point, WI, USA
ABV: 5.17%
Type: Unfiltered Wheat Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment