Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Samuel Adams Porch Rocker


One of the benefits of living in the United States is the availability of beer.  On Monday, I walked into a liquor store for the first time in two years and I felt like David Bowman.
My God, it's full of beers!


I was able to find several varieties of Samuel Adams that I had not only never tried, but had never even heard of.  The first of these is Porch Rocker.  Porch Rocker is a Radler, which is a Bavarian drink that mixes beer with German-style lemonade.  The Sam Adams version of this began its life as a Helles beer, a lightly colored lager. They then added their own lemony blend to give it a citrus taste with a hint of tartness.

Like all Sam Adams brews, Porch Rocker pours nice with a light head.  It has a slight lemony taste, but not overwhelming like you might imagine.  The aroma hints at lemon without being overpowering.  Overall, I enjoyed this beer and it is recommended for quenching your thirst this summer.

Stats
Name: Porch Rocker
Brewery: Samuel Adams Brewery
Location: Boston, MA, USA
ABV: 4.5%
Type: Lager

No comments:

Post a Comment