Sunday, July 22, 2012

Samuel Adams Imperial Stout

 

I am generally not a big fan of dark beers, but I decided to give Sam Adams Imperial Stout a try. The Boston Brewery puts out four brews as part of it's Imperial Series, beers that are crafted to enrich the drinkers overall beer experience. Imperial Stout does not disappoint in that regard
. Imperial Stout has a dark mahogany color with a rich chocolately, coffee taste that is smooth and not bitter like I normally expect from a dark beer.
The only downside that I can see to this beer is that I tried it during the wrong time of year. Sam Adams Imperial Stout is not a refreshing beer on a hot summer day. It is too heavy and more suited for a Christmas dinner. This is not a knock on the beer, I just can't wait to drink it on a cold winter day.  

Stats

Name: Samuel Adams Imperial Stout
Brewery: Samuel Adams Brewery
Location: Boston, MA, USA
ABV: 9.2%
Type: Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment